Hong Kong Jockey Club Youth Programme
Incubation / start up
The core activities of the YSBC@CUHK will be implemented according to following phases:
Fundamental Preparation Phase
It will start after the undergraduates join the CUHK at their 1st and 2nd year study to increase their concern on poverty problems locally and globally
- Course-based classroom activities
- Community walk and visits
Education and Capacity Building Phase
- Poverty alleviation projects and activities: Enable students to have a deeper understanding of causes and impacts of poverty in Hong Kong
- Capacity building projects: Enhance the skills in project planning, implementation and evaluation as well as team building and leadership.
- Internship at NGOs and social enterprises in Hong Kong, Mainland China and Taiwan.
Action and Incubation Phase
- Training: Students with satisfactory performance in training will be invited to submit their social business plans for a seed money award.
- Mentoring: One-on-One supervision by experienced leaders
- Competition: Encourages the capable and interested students to form teams to launch their own social business projects during their 3rd year and 4th year study.